Saturday, October 11, 2008

Monte Sano 15k

Today was my 15k race day. I use the word race very loosely because finishing was my only goal. The 9.3 mile course was described as a rolling, shady, and scenic. I guess rolling is a nice way of saying never ending hills that will crush your spirit and will to run. Thank goodness I was with a bunch of other runners who were feeling the same exact thing. I know that sounds weird but it was very comforting at the time. And with a little bit of encouragement from them, I was able to finish the race. I also beat my best time for that distance. Considering it was only my third time EVER running that far, I was pretty pleased with myself.

If you'd like to check out the race results you can find them at this site.

Here are the only pics we got of the day events. Thank goodness :).

Me before the race with my awesome V.T. partner/friend/reason-why-I'm-running-these-insane-distances: Ann (and one of her friends).

After the race. My face beet red, hair fro'd out and sopping wet with sweat. Ahhh, good times.

And check out the sweet shirt I got for the $12 entry fee:


3 comments:

Ashley Harris said...

Go you!! So seriously my hero. I want to run some sort of long race one day. Good for you!!

Sabra said...

Maybe I'll just pay an entry fee, so I can get a cool shirt! I always thought you had to actually run to get a shirt!

I'm so proud of you! I can't even run across the street!

Jacie said...

Kyla, Why are you so awesome:)!? Some day I am gonna do a triathalon with you like we planned once upon a time... remember! As long as you promise to swim next to me so I don't get lost:)