Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fall break, day 3

Day 3 pictures here.

Today was a visit to the Tennessee Aquarium -- I was impressed that they had so many types of marine animals that I had never seen before, or even known existed. Ever seen a turtle whose neck is almost as long as its whole body? Or a fish that looks sort-of like a feather standing on end, but that swims sideways? Or a crab the size of a car tire? Me either!

The big surprise of the day was lunch -- some "Mongolian" place called "Genghis Grill". You have to pick out all your own ingredients (including raw meat!) then they grill it for you. But I'm terrible at picking out ingredients to make something taste good, that's why I let others cook for me when I have the choice. Somehow, though, my pick turned out awesome and I left feeling terrific. Kyla and the kids loved theirs too.

Another great vacation day.

2 comments:

Niesa said...

I LOVE reading about your vacation and seeing the awesome pictures!! Keep on bloggin'!

Kelly & Tasha said...

I enjoy reading about what's happening with your family. . .especially since you guys are so far away!
Natasha