Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall break, day 2

DSCF4540.jpgSomehow I managed to narrow down 239 pictures down to 36, but a little too many for a blog entry -- so check them out here.

This morning when we left the Choo Choo (which is in downtown Chattanooga), we consulted the TomTom as to how long it would take to get to Lookout Mountain -- the response? 8 minutes. Huh? We can't even see any mountains from here! Sure enough, though -- that's about how long it took. Pretty tight grouping of fun for one day. I drove longer trying to find a binky at 10:30 pm tonight than we did driving to Rock City, Incline Railway, and Ruby Falls!

Tonight we went for dinner to "Mojo Burrito" -- the food was okay, I guess, but I got a kick out of the name. Sure, I know what they were going for, but obviously these people aren't Spanish speakers. The Spanish verb "mojar" means "to wet", so "mojo burrito" means "I wet burrito". I guess mine was a little soggy.

Some great quotes:
McKinley: "Dad, how much is this?"

Me: "13 dollars."

McKinley, realizing she'd asked the wrong question: "Is that a lot?"
That made some old folks in the gift shop crack up laughing.
Kendy, who had just found a cheeseburger hat: "Mom, I'm in a cheeseburger!"
If anybody could do it, sweet girl, you could.
Some girl standing by a slide to Kendy: "Hey little girl, you stay by the blue slide while I climb up on top."

Kendy, who probably didn't understand 2 words of what that girl had said: "O-kaaay. Wa-duh-wa-duh go over 'dere!"
I love these kids, they say the funniest things.

Great times, fun day.

No comments: